If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soft and fluffy cupcakes made with olive oil are packed with chopped strawberries and fragrant thyme. And what better to go with olive oil and strawberry than balsamic vinegar? The cream cheese frosting has balsamic vinegar whipped in for a refreshing tang that complements the sweet strawberries and aromatic olive oil perfectly. - littleaccidentsinthekitchen
Makes 16 cupcakes
Strawberry Thyme Cupcakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- Whisk together olive oil and sugar till well mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Then, add the sifted flour mixture and milk alternatingly in 5 parts, beginning and ending with flour (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour).
- Fold in chopped thyme and strawberries.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, until a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
Balsamic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter till completely incorporated.
- Whisk in the balsamic vinegar till well incorporated. Whisk in confectioner's sugar.
- Frost cupcakes as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.