If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are so delicious for the holidays. With Sweet Potato and winter spices they are so yummy! My 2 year old son and I recently took a trip to Telluride, CO. I was inspired to make these yummy, gooey, crumbly Sweet Potato cookies. Butter, sugar, sweet potatoes and chocolate. What could be better!!
Makes about 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (You can also sweeten with all Maple Syrup or all brown Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Unbleached A/P Flour (or 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour and 1 Cup Unbleached A/P Flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
- 1 cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 12 ounces Good Quality Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350?F, lightly grease baking sheets.
- Combine Butter, Egg, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, in medium bowl. I mixed the ingredients with a spatula, you can also mix with electric mixer until well blended.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients: Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Stir 1/2 the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stir in remaining flour mix until well combined. Stir in Sweet Potatoes and Chocolate Chips.
- Heap large tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until cooked thorough and tops of cookies are golden. (At 10,000 feet in Telluride these cookies took quite a bit longer to cook through, about 19-20 minutes. Use your judgement and taste preference to determine baking time.)
- Let cool about 5 minutes and place on cooling racks. Dust with powdered sugar. Munch Away!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.