If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple salad that celebrates the beauty of the spring’s first vegetables: asparagus, radish, young garlic and cucumbers. - QueenSashy
Food52 Review: WHO: QueenSashy is a scientist living in NYC.
WHAT: The definition of spring on a plate.
HOW: Shave your asparagus; whisk together your vinaigrette; arrange your vegetables and burrata on a plate; drizzle and devour.
WHY WE LOVE IT: We love how simple QueenSashy's salad is -- you're just shaving, chopping, and whisking -- but how elegant, how refined it feels. This is exactly what we feel like eating in the springtime; it's bright and cheery, with enough creamy burrata to make it feel just a little indulgent. - The Editors
- 6 ounces radishes, sliced thinly crosswise
- 6 ounces cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 4 ounces burrata
- 3 stalks young garlic, white and light green parts only, finely minced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Salt and pepper
- A couple of micro greens to garnish (entirely optional)
- Snap off the tips of the asparagus and slice them into thing slices. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the remaining spears into long, thin shavings.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Combine the vinegar, lime juice, and lime zest in a small bowl and slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended. Add the young garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. (Taste and adjust the acidity and seasoning according to your taste.)
- Arrange the radishes, cucumber and asparagus on a plate Top with burrata and vinaigrette. Serve.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Baking Projects for Mother's Day
10 ways to show and share your love.
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Heavenly DIY lavender sachets.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.