A simple salad that celebrates the beauty of the spring’s first vegetables: asparagus, radish, young garlic and cucumbers. - QueenSashy
- 6 ounces radishes, sliced thinly crosswise
- 6 ounces cucumbers, cut into ¼ inch dice
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 4 ounces burrata
- 3 stalks young garlic, white and light green parts only, finely minced
- 4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Salt and pepper
- A couple of micro greens to garnish (entirely optional)
- Snap off the tips of the asparagus and slice them into thing slices. Using vegetable peeler, shave the remaining spears into long thing shavings.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Combine the vinegar, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl and slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended. Add the young garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. (Taste and adjust the acidity and seasoning according to your taste.)
- Arrange the radishes, cucumber and asparagus on a plate Top with burrata and vinaigrette. Serve.