Author Notes: Lately I fell in love with cocktails topped with bubbly wine. So I decided to try one with cider for the season. This can be great as a twist on the New Year's bubbly and and even more elegant especially with the cranberries, as well as stretching your bubbly a little further. Use a really good clear apple cider to keep the clean golden color and real vanilla bean, it complements the cider so well and I like the decorative effect of the little black dots.
- 1.5 liter(s) of good clear apple cider\juice
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean split to half lengthwise
- 4 clove nails
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 2 inch piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 bottle of perseco, cava or other dry bubbly wine
- some fresh cranberries for decoration
- Put the apple cider in a sauce pan and add all the spices. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Take of the hit and let it steep until it come to a room temperature. Refrigerate for few hours until very cold. Pour each person about half a glass of the apple juice and top with about the same amount of perseco. Decorate with a few fresh cranberries to make it festive.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch