If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lately I fell in love with cocktails topped with bubbly wine. So I decided to try one with cider for the season. This can be great as a twist on the New Year's bubbly and and even more elegant especially with the cranberries, as well as stretching your bubbly a little further. Use a really good clear apple cider to keep the clean golden color and real vanilla bean, it complements the cider so well and I like the decorative effect of the little black dots.
- 1.5 liter(s) of good clear apple cider\juice
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean split to half lengthwise
- 4 clove nails
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 2 inch piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 bottle of perseco, cava or other dry bubbly wine
- some fresh cranberries for decoration
- Put the apple cider in a sauce pan and add all the spices. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Take of the hit and let it steep until it come to a room temperature. Refrigerate for few hours until very cold. Pour each person about half a glass of the apple juice and top with about the same amount of perseco. Decorate with a few fresh cranberries to make it festive.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.