Author Notes: These rich, sweet cheesy squares will have your guests coming back for 2nds, 3rds, and 4rths! They're really addictive, especially when you cut them in 1 inch cubes (as I like to do)...this way it feels like you can eat more! You can make your own dough, or, if time is of the essence, feel free to get a bit of help from the dough boy (see recipe)! - Mariya
Serves a lot of tiny 1 inch squares
- 16 ounces organic cream cheese-softened (or ricotta cheese)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg-separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh strawberries-cut into small dice-optional
- 2 cans of Pillsubury Crescent Dinner rolls(thanks dough boy!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- Add cream cheese (or ricotta), 1 cup brown sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, chocolate chips, and strawberries (if using), to a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread one package of crescent rolls on the bottom of a baking pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Spread the second package of crescent rolls on top.
- Lightly beat the egg white and spread it onto the top layer.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture onto the top layer.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 30-35 minutes, until the top layer begins to brown and is cooked through.
- Cool and refrigerate for a few hours. Once firm, cut into 1 inch squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift