If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These rich, sweet cheesy squares will have your guests coming back for 2nds, 3rds, and 4rths! They're really addictive, especially when you cut them in 1 inch cubes (as I like to do)...this way it feels like you can eat more! You can make your own dough, or, if time is of the essence, feel free to get a bit of help from the dough boy (see recipe)! —Mariya
Serves a lot of tiny 1 inch squares
- 16 ounces organic cream cheese-softened (or ricotta cheese)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg-separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh strawberries-cut into small dice-optional
- 2 cans of Pillsubury Crescent Dinner rolls(thanks dough boy!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- Add cream cheese (or ricotta), 1 cup brown sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, chocolate chips, and strawberries (if using), to a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread one package of crescent rolls on the bottom of a baking pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Spread the second package of crescent rolls on top.
- Lightly beat the egg white and spread it onto the top layer.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture onto the top layer.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 30-35 minutes, until the top layer begins to brown and is cooked through.
- Cool and refrigerate for a few hours. Once firm, cut into 1 inch squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift