If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Luxurious creamy and spicy sauce in a colourful array of vegetables and chicken, smothering a crispy noodle nest —Marisa R
- 300 gram pkg soba noodles (6 bundles)
- 225 gram, (1/2 cup)water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded, julienned
- 5-6 salks of Gui Lan or 1 bunch of broccoli
- 1 pkg enooki mushrooms
- 2 lg. boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup snow peas, destringed
- 1 -2 tbsp red Panang curry sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 " ginger, peeled and diced fine
- 1 cup oyster mushroom, torn with the grain
- 1 can coconut milk, stirred
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drop in the noodles and cook until "al dente" do not over cook. Drain and shock in ice water. Drain again and place back on burner with the heat off. This will "dry" the noodles slightly so that they do not have excess water. Place 2 tbsp of oil. in a skillet and with tongs remove 1/6 of the portion of noodles and quickly fry on medium high heat. Spread out to the size desired to make your nest, 6" diameter approx. Drain on paper towels. Slice the chicken horizontally making four breasts. Then cut thin lengthwise slices. This allows you to stretch the budget and is very economical.
- Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp of Panang ?sauce and set aside. Wash hands with soap thoroughly. *This is why I prepare the veggies first so that everything is hygenic.*? In a large preheated skillet or wok. Add the chicken and brown lightly in 2 tbsp oil. Remove from pan and set aside. Saute the onion adding more oil if necessary. Then add the broccoli (Gui Lan). Using tongs toss to coat and begin to cook as the leaves and stem will soften. Add pepper, oyster mushrooms and peas. Continue tossing to cook on medium high heat. Move some of the vegetables over, creating an empty hot spot, add Panang sauce, stir to spread and allow caramelize. Add the coconut milk and continue to toss the vegetables to mix. Drop in the chicken including any juices and continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink reducing the liquids. Add the Enooki mushrooms last. Toss just to coat. Turn off the heat. Serve over crisp nests.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.