If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coconut, caramel, crunchy exterior, moist interior encased in chocolate!
Need we say more! - Marisa R
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup dolce de leche condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & pure vanilla extract
- 2 lg. egg whites
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped and melted
- In a mixer bowl with a whisk attachment, whisk eggs & salt to a stiff peak. Meanwhile in a med. bowl add coconut and vanilla to condensed milk and stir to incorporate. Fold 1/2 of th egg whites into the coconut mixture and allow the mixture to drop off the spatula to loosen the mixture. Do this step gently and slowly. Then add the rest of the whites to the bowl and continue folding gently. Using a spoon or small ice cream scoop, place dollops onto an ungreased parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 25 min until lightly browned. Cool on racks completely. Remove cookie from sheet. Turn the sheet over and place on baking sheet. Makes approx 60 small cookies. Black Bottom: Melt chocolate in a microwave for approx. 1 min, stirr to melt chunks. If it does not fully melt, place back in for 30 sec.intervals, stirring between intervals. Dip bottoms into the chocolate. Allow excess to drip, then firmly press the cookie down into the parchment paper to allow the chocolate to rise up the sides so that it is visible, creating a ridge of chocolate! Allow to dry completely at room temp. Cookies can be frozen separated by parchment/wax paper layers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Caesar Salad Goes Vegan
You won't believe it's not anchovies.
Caesar salad goes vegan.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Connect with us.
Soffritto's a superstar.
This is poppin'.