Author Notes: A delicious dessert that is perfect for vegan & gluten free diets, no bake so ready in a jiffy! - myinspiration
Makes 6 tarts
- 15 Dates
- 1/4 cup Sultanas
- 1/2 cup Oats (Plus an extra 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 8 Walnut halves (4 full walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
For the filling & drizzle
- 2 Large Kiwis
- 2 tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- 20g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Almond Milk
- 1. To make the base, pop the ingredients (but hold back the 2 tbsp oats) into a food processor and pulse until it starts to bind together, mix in the remaining 2 tbsp oats and stir together until it’s well combined (If you think you’re mixture is too sticky add a little more oats until you’re happy). Now using your hands split the mixture into 6 balls and press into your tart cases (I used my Christmas mince pie foil cases) making sure there is a nice dent in the center for the filling to go into. Pop these in the freezer while you make your filling.
- 2. For the Filling, add the kiwi to a food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times until it breaks down slightly (you don’t want a puree) then mix through the coconut and spoon the filling into your ready made tart cases and pop back in the freezer while you make your drizzle.
- 3. For the drizzle, melt your chocolate in a bain marie, mix through the almond milk and allow to cool slightly so it thickens, then using a tea spoon drizzle over each of your tarts. **I kept 2 of my tarts in the freezer over night and used them the next day, I just didn’t add the chocolate drizzle until I was ready to serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut