If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious dessert that is perfect for vegan & gluten free diets, no bake so ready in a jiffy! —myinspiration
Makes 6 tarts
- 15 Dates
- 1/4 cup Sultanas
- 1/2 cup Oats (Plus an extra 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 8 Walnut halves (4 full walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
For the filling & drizzle
- 2 Large Kiwis
- 2 tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- 20g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Almond Milk
- 1. To make the base, pop the ingredients (but hold back the 2 tbsp oats) into a food processor and pulse until it starts to bind together, mix in the remaining 2 tbsp oats and stir together until it’s well combined (If you think you’re mixture is too sticky add a little more oats until you’re happy). Now using your hands split the mixture into 6 balls and press into your tart cases (I used my Christmas mince pie foil cases) making sure there is a nice dent in the center for the filling to go into. Pop these in the freezer while you make your filling.
- 2. For the Filling, add the kiwi to a food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times until it breaks down slightly (you don’t want a puree) then mix through the coconut and spoon the filling into your ready made tart cases and pop back in the freezer while you make your drizzle.
- 3. For the drizzle, melt your chocolate in a bain marie, mix through the almond milk and allow to cool slightly so it thickens, then using a tea spoon drizzle over each of your tarts. **I kept 2 of my tarts in the freezer over night and used them the next day, I just didn’t add the chocolate drizzle until I was ready to serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut