If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a porridge addict. My tummy never gets tired of starting the day with a steaming bowl of oaty goodness but I do look forward those slow weekend mornings that give me the time to cook this thai inspired breakfast. Its also pretty great as a comforting pud! - sarah cotterell
- 1 cup Black Rice, soaked overnight
- 6 Fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice, I used oat...
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 banana, mashed
- Drain and rinse the soaked rice. Pop in a saucepan with a tiny pinch of salt and cover with plenty of fresh water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins.
- Drain rice and return to the pan, this time adding the milk, coconut cream, 1/4 cup of water, mashed banana and nutmeg.
- Again, bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat, string frequently, until thick and creamy. This should take about 15-20 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, some toasted hazelnuts and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Maybe even with a cup of masala chai, for a real treat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut