If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Only 4 ingredients, but bursting with the flavor of roasted strawberries and the lightness of whipped coconut cream! Elegance and ease all in a shot glass! —TheHealthyFlavor
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons grade b maple syrup
- 2 13.5 oz full-fat coconut milk from cans (using only the cream at the top)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the can of coconut milk into the fridge to chill overnight. Keep stored in the fridge until right before making the mousse.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the prepared strawberries out evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes until they are bubbling and the juice has a syrup consistency.
- Next, add the cooked strawberries with all their juice, to a food processor. Be careful, they will be very hot! Pulse for 3-4 minutes until they become frothy, airy and a lighter pink color. Add the syrup and pulse again for a minute. Pour into a container and place in the fridge to chill for several hours or overnight is best. It should thicken after completely chilling.
- After the strawberry puree has chilled for several hours or overnight, remove the chilled coconut milk from the fridge. Scoop out just the top thickened cream parts and stop once you get to the water. You should be able to get about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups total of the thickened cream. Whip the cream for 5-8 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Now, add the vanilla and whip again for another minute. Carefully, fold the whipped cream into the chilled strawberry puree. It should look thick and creamy .
- Place the mousse in the fridge to set and firm up for a few hours. Keep it in the fridge until just before serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
More Great Recipes: Desserts
Recipe of the Day
It's almost the weekend—here's some pie
Recipe of the Day
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Let's iron things out.
Storage made crystal clear.