If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband's step-daughter, Robin, visited us last summer with her family and brought a version of this recipe along with her. It's barely a recipe, it's so easy, and was the hit of the weekend. I tweaked a bit, I can't help it - I do that with every recipe that crosses my path, and it's still one of my favorites. The only problem, and it can be a problem if say, you want to take this on a picnic on a warm day: it softens quite a bit as it warms up. It needs to stay in the refrigerator until you cut off the pieces to serve. —TheWimpyVegetarian
Makes 12 fudge squares
- 1 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate powder (use a good one, it matters in this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar (agave or honey also work great)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the sea salt in a medium bowl until completely smooth. A couple of times I’ve needed to warm the mixture up just a bit to get the coconut oil to be smoothly incorporated. If you find you need to do this, create a bain marie by heating a pot of water to a simmer. Reduce the heat. Place the mixture into a metal mixing bowl and place the bowl over the hot water. Gently stir occasionally until it’s completely melted.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper, folding it into the corners. Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until completely hardened. Cut into squares, and sprinkle with sea salt before serving (if using).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.