Author Notes: When you can't get away from your busy life to vacation this plate brings you the next best thing. Its a tropical vacation on a plate! - Dannine Olguin
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup oilve oil
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 mashed garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Soak the fish with sea salt, 3 mashed garlic cloves and 2 cups of lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Spray a deep pan with nonstick spray and add in 1/3 a cup of olive oil.
- Next sauté the onion till almost browned.
- Next add in the coconut milk, sugar and tomato paste. Mix it and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Take the fish and add about 1/8 of the liquid and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce over it and decorate with a spring of cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut