If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something you might find in a red sauce Italian restaurant, but that doesn't mean it's not delicious if made well. I had some tomato sauce left over from the previous night's dinner, but I was tired of pasta so I added some olives, capers, and oregano to it and roasted up some cod and potatoes. - Giulia Melucci - Giulia Melucci
Food52 Review: Giulia Melucci's recipe made us think of an old Patricia Wells recipe that we love, in which lamb is cooked atop a bed of potatoes. In Melucci's dish, you begin by roasting quartered potatoes until they're almost tender. While they cook, you get a fresh, chunky tomato sauce simmering on the stove, seasoning it with capers, olives, oregano and fresh basil. When the potatoes are nearly done, you push them to the sides of your roasting pan, plop the fish in the center, spoon the glistening sauce on top and send it back in the oven to finish cooking. Like with Fisheri's pasta, you get an excellent summer fish dinner with very few ingredients. - A & M - The Editors
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cod
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, fresh or dried
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Toss in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp. oregano, salt and pepper. Place in a small roasting pan and roast for twenty minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add the chopped garlic, saute until garlic is golden (2-3 minutes).
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the garlic and oil. Allow the tomatoes to come to a simmer then add the sliced olives and capers, the rest of the oregano, salt, pepper, and two of the torn basil leaves; cook for 2 more minutes.
- When the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes clear a space in the center of the pan, add the cod, cover with tomato sauce and roast with the potatoes for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, divide between two plates, garnish with the remaining fresh basil leaves and serve.
- Your Best Summer Fish Recipe Contest Finalist!
Just Like Mom Used To Make
Easygoing banana bread.
Easygoing banana bread.
Pasta e Fagioli
DIY Herb Rub
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
Go play outside!