If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love ginger snaps and spreading ice cream between two cookies makes them even better! - NWB
Serves 3 dozen cookies and 1.5 dozen sandwiches
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Vanilla Ice Cream (I also like flavored ice creams with this recipe, but a good vanilla is great)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Blend flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar. When well mixed beat in egg and molasses.
- When blended stir in dry mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Roll dough into small balls and then dredge in the bowl of sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until tops are cracked and bottoms are golden brown. They will be soft when removed from the oven but harden as they cool. Place on rack to cool.
- When cookies are fully cooled scoop one spoonful of ice cream on half of the cookies and cover with another cookie. Let freeze on cookie sheet for about an hour before placing in a ziploc bag. Will keep for about a week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
9 Ways to Celebrate the Birth of the Royal Baby
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
Fresh beer, anywhere.
Garden Mule Cocktail
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!