If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It gets so hot in Dallas and I crave something cold and creamy, but I'm not supposed to eat dairy or sugar so I came up with this for a treat. It tastes like a Creamsicle and could be frozen in a mold if you would like. I know it's not technically ice cream and gets a little icy, but it can't be beat it for fast, tasty, and unlimited flavor variation potential. - 24 Carrot Health
Serves 1 - 2
- 1 14 oz can organic full fat coconut milk or make your own, recipe below
- 25 drops Vanilla Sweetleaf liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon Orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange flower water (optional)
- 1 part shredded coconut
- 2 parts warm filtered water
- If using home made coconut milk make your milk. Put 1 part shredded coconut and 2 parts warm water in a blender. For this recipe use 1 cup of coconut and 2 cups of warm filtered water.
- Blend the coconut and water for 1 - 2 minutes. Strain the coconut from the water with a sieve or a straining bag used for nut milk and reserve the water. You can do this twice if you like, but the second batch will be less creamy.
- In a bowl mix the coconut milk, vanilla stevia, orange extract and orange flower water if using with a whisk until well incorporated. Taste. Adjust.
- Pour mixed ingredients into a quart Ziplock bag. Place bag flat in freezer preferably between two Ziplock bags filled with ice and salt or any ice packs.
- It should be ready in 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze the bag to soften it up and cut off a corner to squeeze it out into small bowls for soft serve or if it gets too hard throw it in a blender or food processor and serve. Blend with some soda water for a milkshake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.