Author Notes: It gets so hot in Dallas and I crave something cold and creamy, but I'm not supposed to eat dairy or sugar so I came up with this for a treat. It tastes like a Creamsicle and could be frozen in a mold if you would like. I know it's not technically ice cream and gets a little icy, but it can't be beat it for fast, tasty, and unlimited flavor variation potential. - 24 Carrot Health
Serves 1 - 2
- 1 14 oz can organic full fat coconut milk or make your own, recipe below
- 25 drops Vanilla Sweetleaf liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon Orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange flower water (optional)
- 1 part shredded coconut
- 2 parts warm filtered water
- If using home made coconut milk make your milk. Put 1 part shredded coconut and 2 parts warm water in a blender. For this recipe use 1 cup of coconut and 2 cups of warm filtered water.
- Blend the coconut and water for 1 - 2 minutes. Strain the coconut from the water with a sieve or a straining bag used for nut milk and reserve the water. You can do this twice if you like, but the second batch will be less creamy.
- In a bowl mix the coconut milk, vanilla stevia, orange extract and orange flower water if using with a whisk until well incorporated. Taste. Adjust.
- Pour mixed ingredients into a quart Ziplock bag. Place bag flat in freezer preferably between two Ziplock bags filled with ice and salt or any ice packs.
- It should be ready in 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze the bag to soften it up and cut off a corner to squeeze it out into small bowls for soft serve or if it gets too hard throw it in a blender or food processor and serve. Blend with some soda water for a milkshake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert