If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My love of something frozen and creamy started at an early age with afternoon visits from Mr. Jolly and his ice cream truck. My love grew stronger when I would visit my Aunt and Uncle who lived near Wrightsville Beach NC every summer. Not only were the beach visits glorious but Uncle "Doots" owned Dairy Queens! Staying up late, swimming and all the ice cream I could eat - every day was heaven. I still love creamy frozen treats and am always thinking of ways to make grown up versions of them. Using 1% milk makes me think I can enjoy one every day! Sometimes I dunk it in a tiny splash of Amaretto ~ This is so easy and so delicious I make variations on them all year round. —Kate's Kitchen
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 Small can crushed pineapple with juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, 1% milk, crushed pineapple, zest and salt in a bowl and whisk until combined. Divide mixture into 8, 3 oz. Dixie cups. Put in freezer for about 90 min. - 2 hrs. And then remove from freezer and put a wooden ice pop stick in each one. Return to freezer and freeze until solid, 4-5 hrs.
- When ready to eat, run each one under warm water for 8-10 seconds and twist to unmold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.