Author Notes: This is a delicious and vibrant frozen dessert bursting with different flavors that come together harmoniously. The color is shockingly beautiful, not quite red not quite orange....The flavor is intense - sweet, sour, spicy. Maca adds an unexpected jolt of energy to the mix, making this a great pre-workout treat or just an energizing snack to fuel your day. Best of all, this ice cream is vegan, gluten-free and fruit-sweetened! - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 2.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen mango ( I suggest freezing the mango yourself, using very ripe and sweet mango)
- 0.5 large lime, juice of
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp raw maca powder
- 3-5 small pitted dates
- dash coarse sea salt
- 1/3 tsp chilli powder
- Combine all ingredients (only 3 dates to start) in food processor until very smooth. Taste!
- Adjust sweetness by incorporating more dates if necessary. Serve immediately or transfer mixture to an airtight container, seal and freeze for up to an hour before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert