If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious and vibrant frozen dessert bursting with different flavors that come together harmoniously. The color is shockingly beautiful, not quite red not quite orange....The flavor is intense - sweet, sour, spicy. Maca adds an unexpected jolt of energy to the mix, making this a great pre-workout treat or just an energizing snack to fuel your day. Best of all, this ice cream is vegan, gluten-free and fruit-sweetened! —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 2.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen mango ( I suggest freezing the mango yourself, using very ripe and sweet mango)
- 0.5 large lime, juice of
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp raw maca powder
- 3-5 small pitted dates
- dash coarse sea salt
- 1/3 tsp chilli powder
- Combine all ingredients (only 3 dates to start) in food processor until very smooth. Taste!
- Adjust sweetness by incorporating more dates if necessary. Serve immediately or transfer mixture to an airtight container, seal and freeze for up to an hour before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.