If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summertime, and the livin’ is easy. Your daddy’s rich and your mama’s good lookin’, so tonight we’re going to party like it’s MMXCIX. Here’s a nice, refreshing, summertime sorbet. Raspberries are in season, now what? I like to turn them into a sorbet. Here I’m using Sanpellegrino ™ “Aranciata Rossa”* in the mix. If you can’t find that you can substitute cava or prosecco for a little fizzy wine flavor.
If you have an ice cream maker this is as simple as it gets.
The artist formerly known as pierino, .) ?(.
- 16 ounces fresh raspberries, or enough to equal 2 cups when liquefied in a blender.
- 1 cup Aranciata Rossa , or substitute the same amount of prosecco or other sparkling wine.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Prepare a simple syrup mixture with water and sugar. And it is simple; combine water and sugar and heat to just before it boils. Stir until all of the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a sturdy blender “liquefy” your raspberries. Push that through a fine mesh strainer so that any residual seed or pulp material is captured and discarded
- Whisk the juice into the syrup along with that little bit of salt. Stir in the aranciata rossa (or sparkling wine.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for two to three hours.
- From this point you will need to follow the instructions for your ice cream maker. Mine requires that you freeze the container ahead and then, while the machine is running pour the sorbet mixture in. Let it run for twenty minutes until it looks like sorbet.
- Freeze if necessary to keep from melting.
- * The Sanpellegrino brand cans its sparkling water with fruit juices (about 16% juice). In addition to the aranciata rossa (blood orange) they also produce lemon, grapefruit, and regular orange. It’s good stuff when you can find it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.