If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The punch gets its name from the red wine and sparkling wine used to create it. I’ve always liked mulled wine, but found it a little heavy and syrupy to consider it a “punch.” By adding the sparkling wine to the recipe, it has a nice effervescence that brightens the drink. I also wanted additional depth of flavor, so it combines elements of traditional sangria recipes.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mulling spices (cinnamon, orange rind, allspice, and cloves)
- Bring the ingredients for the "Cranberry Base" to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain and cool liquid. Discard used cranberries and mulling spices.
- 4 cups red wine (sweet and fruity preferred)
- 4 ounces brandy
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur (Grand Marnier, Cointreau, etc.)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sparkling wine or Champagne
- Combine “Wine Addition” with "Cranberry Base." Add fresh cranberries and ice. Frozen cranberry juice cubes can be substituted for the ice cubes for additional cranberry flavor.