If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have given you my recipes for Nocino and French 44. So, I figured you might as well have my third favorite liqueur. I used to make this all the time...then everyone started making it. It is also available commercially, but I tried it and found it way to sweet. With this method you can control the sweetness, but, it is lemon based so you need sweetness. In the summertime limoncello tastes divine with a splash of sparkling water and ice. —dymnyno
Makes about 2 litres
- 5 large lemons, zested
- 1 litre cheap vodka
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 litre water
- Zest the lemons. Try to avoid any of the white pith...it is bitter. I zest (grate) 3 of the lemons and thinly peel 2 of the lemons.
- Add the zest and peel to a litre of vodka.
- Let the lemon peel/grate steep for about 8 days.
- You can shake it up occasionally.
- Make a simple syrup: Add 3 1/2 cups of sugar to a litre of water and heat until all the sugar is disolved. Let it cool completely.
- Strain the lemon peel and vodka mixture through several layers of cheesecloth.
- Add the simple syrup to the lemon-vodka . Here is where you can withhold the sugar (simple syrup) to taste. You will probably use most of it, but you can adjust to your own palate.
- After you have completed this step, you can put it in unique bottles and store or give away.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.