If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe, like many of my brainwaves, came during a kitchen emergency. I was making salad dressing and realized I was out of both salt and soy sauce. I'd already mixed up most of it, so I cast around for something salty and came across my bottle of Red Boat fish sauce. Adding it slowly, I realized it gave the dressing a wonderful flavor, and made it sufficiently salty as well. Since I'd already added fish sauce, I added a few other Vietnamese-ish things I had lying around the house, and voila! A new salad dressing.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2-2 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce
- lots of white or black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, basil or Thai basil
- Mix everything together except fish sauce and shake it up in a jar.
- Fish sauces vary a lot in how strong they are.... start with 1/2 tablespoon of fish sauce, stir it in, and then keep adding as you see fit, stirring and tasting after each 1/2 tablespoon or so.
- Serve over your favorite salad.
The Underrated Pantry Hero
A love you never knew you had for Cracklin' Oat Bran.
Cereal = Dessert
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Recipe of the Day
The Daily Grind
A Shoo-In Salad