If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My number 2 college son started making his own ginger ale syrup years ago. It's fabulous and so refreshing during the summer months. It's easy to make. I think you'll love it. You will need a boat load of fresh ginger, sugar, water, limes and a bit of mint which is optional, but you really shouldn't omit it. - Janet @ simplysogood.com
Makes approx. 1 quart
- 2 cups fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 liter sparkling water
- fresh lime slices
- fresh mint leaves, optional
- To make the Ginger syrup: In a medium size sauce pan, heat the water and ginger until it reaches a low simmer. Simmer for five minutes. Remove from the heat and cover. Let stand for 1 hour.
- After one hour, drain the juices through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the ginger pieces. Let cool then place in a jar and refrigerate.
- To make the Ginger Ale: In a tall glass, add 1 part lime juice (about 1/2 lime per glass), 2 parts ginger syrup, and 3 parts sparkling water. Stir to combine the liquids. Fill glass with ice. If desired, add fresh mint.
- Adjust to your liking. I always end up adding more lime juice.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.