Author Notes: Dark chocolate pumpkin seed crunch is a healthy and addictive snack. It can be a bit messy, but it's simple and easy to make. - KatieFioreSkinnyChef
Makes about 8 cups
- 8 cups any combination of puffed rice, puffed wheat, or puffed kamut
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Krystal Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Measure puffed rice mixture, pumpkin seeds, kosher salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Place chocolate chips, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil in a small saucepan.
- Melt the chocolate mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the puffed rice mixture, scraping out all of the chocolate with a spatula.
- Using two spoons or your hands, toss the mixture until all of the puffed rice is coated with chocolate.
- Spread mixture in an even layer onto two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for ten minutes, remove the pans from oven, and toss with a spatula.
- Return pans to oven, placing on different racks than they had been. Bake another 10-15 minutes more, until mixture is just dry.
- Allow mixture to cool and place in an airtight container for up to one week.