If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Originally a recipe devised to clean out the fridge, I occasionally find myself craving it. The salty tang of preserved lemon combined with sweeter ingredients is delicious. - theminx
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 preserved lemon, diced, or zest of 1 lemon
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 6 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped black and green olives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley or green onions for garnish
- Put onion and celery in a large skillet with about a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for about a minute before adding the tomato, lemon, sundried tomatoes, olives, and apricots. Mix well, then stir in the tomato paste, chicken stock, brown sugar, and paprika. Bring mixture to a boil, then add the chicken thighs. Lower heat to a simmer and cover pan. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, until sauce has reduced and thickened and chicken is very tender.
- Serve with your favorite starch. (I used black rice.)