Author Notes: A tea time no brainer. Biscotti always has less butter and sugar, too. Not too shabby. - Danie Feld
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter, sugar, salt, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Add eggs and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Mix in flour and poppy seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 325 degrees, and let cool for 25 minutes.
- Slice log into 1/2 in pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet, upright, and bake for 30 minutes.