Author Notes: This recipe is great for any type of nuts. It makes a great gift! - nannydeb
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup white Karo syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray or butter.
- In a 12 inch non-stick skillet, combine sugar, nuts, Karo syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for about 20 minutes or until it becomes caramel color.
- Remove from heat and add butter and baking soda, stirring until just combined.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack