Author Notes: Making your own pasta dough is simple, and adding stinging nettles gives color, flavor, and nutrition. - chris fischer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup blanched stinging nettles, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and semolina.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend quickly to combine. You don't want it to emulsify, but the nettles should be well incorporated.
- Add the mixture from the blender to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Once the dough has begun to come together, find a clean surface and dust with flour. Knead the dough by hand for 5 minutes to develop the gluten, adding more water or flour as needed.
- Wrap in plastic or place in a ziplock bag and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling out. Roll out to whatever size or shape you like, either by hand or according to your pasta machine's directions.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!