If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect quencher on a hot day. Nothing beats a zesty drink to cool and refresh when the sun is shimmering outside. Anything lemon based is ideal and here you have the option to add ginger or mint to make this even more fragrant and summery. —Anna May
Serves 4 for a couple of days.
- 4 Lemons juiced and the peel of one
- 200 grams Sugar
- 125ml water
- 3 sprigs Mint
- Put the sugar, water and lemon peel (and ginger if using) into a pan and heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, add the lemon juice, bring back to the boil then remove from the heat and leave to cool. Strain into a bottle or jar.
- Dilute one part cordial to three parts very cold sparkling water and add ice and a sprig of bruised mint. Stir and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.