If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: **This recipe needs further editing. I think the ingredients are fine but I'm still working on cooking time. Based on the wonderful sate ayam found years ago at the long gone Rice Table restaurant in San Rafael, California.
If using bamboo skewers soak at least 30 minutes in water. —Angela @ the well-worn apron
- 1 chicken breast, skinned, boned, and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground corinader
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1/4" slices of ginger, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, germ removed, and mashed
- Place the chicken in a large resealable bag or glass bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over meat. Stir until meat is evenly coated. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to an hour. Skewer meat and grill.