If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are very light and airy, little bites. I like to make them into small boomerangs (~1 inch) for a one to two bite snack. Layered in a box with colored tissue paper, these make a really cute holiday gift. I've made these in letter shapes as well-for a birthday gift. Simply shape the dough into letters and spell out the name of the person you're gifting to! As an alternative, use walnuts or hazelnuts. - Mariya
Serves ~30 boomerang shaped cookies
- 1/2 cup butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts-finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the butter, vanilla, and rum.
- Add flour, sugar, nuts, and cinnamon to the butter mixture and incorporate well to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut ~1 inch pieces. Shape them into little angles (aka boomerangs). You can also play around with the shapes-creating circles, dots, or letters!
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the cookies. Bake at 400F until the cookies begin to brown (~10-12 minutes).
- Allow to cool (otherwise the powdered sugar will simply melt and be a blob on your cookies)!
- Only once cooled well, using a sifter, sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cookies and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.