Author Notes: These are very light and airy, little bites. I like to make them into small boomerangs (~1 inch) for a one to two bite snack. Layered in a box with colored tissue paper, these make a really cute holiday gift. I've made these in letter shapes as well-for a birthday gift. Simply shape the dough into letters and spell out the name of the person you're gifting to! As an alternative, use walnuts or hazelnuts. - Mariya
Serves ~30 boomerang shaped cookies
- 1/2 cup butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts-finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the butter, vanilla, and rum.
- Add flour, sugar, nuts, and cinnamon to the butter mixture and incorporate well to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut ~1 inch pieces. Shape them into little angles (aka boomerangs). You can also play around with the shapes-creating circles, dots, or letters!
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the cookies. Bake at 400F until the cookies begin to brown (~10-12 minutes).
- Allow to cool (otherwise the powdered sugar will simply melt and be a blob on your cookies)!
- Only once cooled well, using a sifter, sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cookies and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie