If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My father loved chocolate covered cherries - the gooey, sticky, sugary kind that showed up on drug store shelves, each year, around the holidays. And each year, just around Thanksgiving, I would start to save my nickels and dimes so that I could present him with a box on Christmas, just from me. I made these in sweet memory of him. - Jennifer Ann
Serves 2 dozen
- 1 cup flour, plus 1 Tablespoon, divided
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Morello cherry conserve (or other cherry preserves)
- preheat oven to 350
- spread almonds on baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes (until fragrant, and just beginning to brown); cool to room temperature, then add to food processor with 1 tablespoon flour, until finely ground.
- cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- whisk together flour and ground almonds; and stir into creamed butter mixture until well combined; cover and chill for at least an hour.
- roll about 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball, and place on parchment lined baking sheet; press finger into top center of ball to create a well; repeat with remaining dough, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until just beginning to lightly brown; remove from pans to racks to cool
- melt chocolate in a double boiler; stir in cream; and remove from heat
- dip bottom of cookies into melted chocolate and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet
- when chocolate has set, carefully spoon the cherry conserve into the thumbprint well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.