Author Notes: Grapefruit and tarragon are a great flavor pairing. I've used it in some cooking applications, and wanted to try out a boozy drink with the two. It's a multi-sensory experience. First your eye is drawn to the pretty pinks and greens. Then your nose picks up the anise-y aroma of the tarragon. And lastly, the bittersweet grapefruit and tonic work their magic. I use Comb 9 gin, because of its awesomeness, but use what you like. - mrslarkin
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit, strained
- 2 ounces gin
- 5 ounces tonic water
- a sliver of grapefruit
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the tarragon and the sugar. Add a handful of ice cubes, the grapefruit juice and the gin. Shake it up.
- Fill a tall glass halfway with ice cubes. Add a sprig of tarragon, and sliver of grapefruit. Pour contents of shaker into glass. Top off with tonic water. Cheers!