If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love chives with eggs, so of course this is one of my favorite breakfast sandwiches. Chevre adds creamy tang to the eggs and they all get piled onto a bit of nice crusty baguette for a lovely summery morning meal. - fiveandspice
- 2 4-inch lengths of fresh baguette
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (plus more for buttering the bread)
- 2 tablespoons chevre, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced chives (I find it works best to snip them with sharp scissors)
- Salt and pepper
- Slice each of the pieces of baguette in half. Lightly toast and butter them, if desired.
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl with several pinches each of salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into a small nonstick frying pan that has not been heated yet.
- Add the butter in small chunks to the pan with the eggs and turn the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly in small, quick circles with a wooden spoon or spatula. At first as the eggs warm up and the butter slowly melts, it may seem like your eggs aren’t cooking at all. It may even seem like they’re getting more liquidy. This is fine. It means they’re heating evenly so that they aren’t sticking and cooking over-quickly on the bottom of the pan anywhere. Keep stirring! Eventually you’ll see very small opaque clumps forming. Keep on stirring! The eggs will thicken and become opaque all over and your spoon will start to leave a trail. As soon as the eggs look just a little bit less cooked than you would like them to be (they should still be on the wet side) remove the pan from the heat.
- Off the heat, stir the chevre and chives into the eggs. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the eggs between the baguettes and serve.
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.