If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had been in need of some inspiration lately. I’d been itching to try something new and cook with a new ingredient but my mind was blank, until last week when I was at William Sonoma. I was simply walking around, admiring their beautiful kitchen products, when I came across their spice rack. It isn’t an extravagant spice collection but it is exclusive. As I browsed the collection, my eyes and heart were immediately set on the bottle of French Lavender. Ohhh man…so many ideas came rushing to my head! I grabbed the bottle and as I made my way to the register, the first thing I decided to make was Lavender Shortbread Cookies. I love shortbread cookies…so buttery and soooo good! They’re not too sweet and they have a hint of coarse salt in every bite…ahh soo good. I need to keep reminding myself to eat just one per day because they have a high fat content…all that butter. —themessimake.com
Serves a crowd
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon French Lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Reserve about 2 tbsp sugar, add lavender and blend in a food processor for a minute.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lavender+sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt.
- Add flour+salt to the butter+sugar+vanilla mixture.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together. Don’t worry if it doesn’t, you can use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Place the dough in clear wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350º F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take half of the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out with a rolling pin. Leave the other half refrigerated until ready to use.
- Using a cookie cutter shape of your choice, cut out the cookies and lay them out, 1 inch apart, on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.