Author Notes: This is barely a recipe, but it really is magic. All you need are two parts coconut oil to three parts chocolate -- make as much or as little as you like. Pour it over your favorite ice cream, wait a few seconds, and there you have it: magic shell, made at home. - Marian Bull
Makes 1 cup
- 2 bars (160 grams) good quality chocolate (I prefer dark)
- 100 grams coconut oil
- Ice cream, for serving
- Chop your chocolate and add it to a microwave-safe container with coconut oil. Melt in 30-second intervals until liquid.
- Pour over ice cream (or smoothies!), and watch it harden. Then crack it open. Magic!
- Because of the melting point of the coconut oil, the magic shell will stay liquid in a hot kitchen and solidify after sitting in a cold kitchen or the fridge. If your leftover shell hardens, just re-melt in the microwave.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!