If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is barely a recipe, but it really is magic. All you need are two parts coconut oil to three parts chocolate -- make as much or as little as you like. Pour it over your favorite ice cream, wait a few seconds, and there you have it: magic shell, made at home. - Marian Bull
Makes 1 cup
- 2 bars (160 grams) good quality chocolate (I prefer dark)
- 100 grams coconut oil
- Ice cream, for serving
- Chop your chocolate and add it to a microwave-safe container with coconut oil. Melt in 30-second intervals until liquid.
- Pour over ice cream (or smoothies!), and watch it harden. Then crack it open. Magic!
- Because of the melting point of the coconut oil, the magic shell will stay liquid in a hot kitchen and solidify after sitting in a cold kitchen or the fridge. If your leftover shell hardens, just re-melt in the microwave.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Style with a breeze.
The Poor Man's Parmesan
Satisfy your salty, crunchy, oily cravings -- without the price tag.