If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is the same marinade for my grandmother's famous Korean bbq. When I was young, I used to help her make all sorts of delicious Korean food, and this (and kalbi) is one of my favorites! Unlike other Korean bulgogi recipes, I've used grated Fuji apple, grated Asian pear, AND its juices, which all tenderize the meat. Korean bbq is always fun for family gatherings, or any time you want to have a barbecue! - Sarah D
- 5 pounds beef ribeye, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Fuji apple
- 1 Asian pear
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pat dry the thin slices of ribeye using paper towels. Make sure all the blood is absorbed by the paper towels.
- For the marinade, start off by grating the Fuji apple and Asian pear in a large bowl so you can keep the juice.
- Thoroughly mix the soy sauce, sugar, onion, garlic, green onions, ginger, sesame seeds, and sesame oil in the same bowl as the grated apple and pear juice mixture.
- Add the slices of beef and mix everything well by hand, ensuring that all the beef slices are thoroughly coated with the marinade. Allow the beef to marinade for 12 hours. The longer you marinate the meat, the better it tastes! You could even have the meat for longer if you'd like.
- After the meat is done marinading, heat a pan to medium-high heat and cook beef until done. Plating suggestions - you can place the bulgogi on a separate plate and serve, or place the bulgogi over a bowl of rice. The juices from the beef trickle down to the rice and is simply amazing when you take your first bite!
- If you wish to save the meat for later, place in plastic freezer bags after marinating for 12 hours, and freeze. When you wish to cook the meat, remove from freezer and have it defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
Not Just for Shmear
How to make your leftover bagel even better.
Eat Bagels for Lunch.
Listing What We Like.
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
3 Ways to Compost