If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled ripen peaches mixed with rum and vanilla flavoured mascarpone cheese, baked under a deep dark ginger and molasses cookie lid. Crispy and chewy cookie lid with creamy and sweet peach fillings inside. —Mandy @ Lady and pups
Serves 4 to 5
Ginger molasses cookie lid
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 45 grams of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 of a beaten large egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
Grilled peach and mascarpone filling
- 3 ~ 4 peaches, fully ripen
- 1 cup (200 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the cookie lid: Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, grated nutmeg and salt together in a bowl. Set aside. In a stand-mixer or with hand-held mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, approx 3 min. Then add molasses, 1/2 beaten egg and grated ginger. Beat again until smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix until evenly combined. Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Make the filling: Slice the flesh off the peaches and discard the pits. Heat up a flat grill-pan over high heat, and grill the peaches flesh-side down until they get nice grill-marks. Set aside. Whisk mascarpone, granulated sugar, dark rum and vanilla extract together until smoothly combined. Slice the peaches and add to the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- Bake the pot pie: Preheat the oven on 360ºF/180ºC. Add the peach/mascarpone filling to a deep pie-dish. Lay a large piece of parchment paper on the counter and dust throughly with a little flour. Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and place in the middle of the parchment paper. Dust enough (but not too much) flour on top just so it isn’t too sticky, and pat the dough down into a disk, exactly the size of the pie-dish, with your hand. Invert the parchment paper onto the pie-dish, and carefully peal the paper away, leaving the cookie dough laying flat on top of the peach-filling. Lightly press the edges against the rim of the pie-dish with your fingers to seal it. Sprinkle some raw/turbinado sugar on top if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 20 ~ 25 min, until the cookie lid is nicely and evenly browned on top. The filling may have over-spilled a little, no worries. Dig in with spoons, communal style.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.