If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first made this recipe one summer when there were too many zucchini in our garden than we knew what to do with. So we made zucchini bread - lots of variations. After much tweaking, this was my favorite. Goes beautifully with the orange honey ricotta spread for breakfast or snacking. - Hallie Meyer
Makes 2 8x4 pans of bread
For the Zucchini Bread
- 2-3 cups grated zucchini (depending on how much you want to use up!)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons good honey
- 1 orange, juiced, and zested
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
- Begin by heating the oven to 350. Toast walnuts on a cookie sheet until fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Maintain oven temperature, and butter two 8x4 loaf pans. Alternatively, you can use one 9X13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until lighter in color. Add the honey, canola oil, orange juice and zest, and whisk to combine. Whisk in the shredded zucchini.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture and greek yogurt or sour cream to the zucchini mixture and whisk just to combine. Fold in chopped walnuts if using. Transfer batter to baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-60 minutes.
For the honeyed Ricotta
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Whisk together ricotta, honey, and orange zest. Spread on zucchini bread for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.