If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peaches n' Cream is a true Southern dish. Fresh peaches topped with freshly whipped cream can't be beat. But something that might come close is this interpretation of the dish. Peaches baked in a mixture of Irish Cream Whiskey and sugar and topped witha crumble of flour, oats, brown sugar and butter. All that you would need to take it over the top is a dollop of Irish Cream flavored whipped cream. - lakelurelady
Serves 6 to 8
For the Peaches:
- 8 Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Irish Cream (I used Bailey's)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the Crumble:
- 2/3 cups All-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 to 10 inch pie plate or casserole. Place peaches in a bowl and mix with the Irish Cream, sugar and lemon zest. Turn mixture into prepared dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, cardomon and salt. Add the cubed butter and with your fingers knead the butter into the dry ingredients until it is crumbly. Top the peaches with the mixture
- Bake the crumble for 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes and serve topped with whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty