Author Notes: This is a recipe from Diana Yen of The Jewels of New York. She created a dinner party for us for eight people, but the catch was that she could only spent $100 on ingredients. This is an impressive dessert that anyone can make and it's great this time of year. - Cherry Bombe
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small bunch tarragon (about 10 sprigs)
- Zest of half a grapefruit
- 2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine the water, sugar, tarragon and grapefruit zest in a small saucepan over moderate heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the grapefruit juice, tangerine juice and lemon juice to the sugar mixture. Strain with a fine sieve into a bowl, discarding the pulp and herbs. Let the mixture cool, then transfer into a container. Cover and freeze overnight. Let soften at room termperature before scooping.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!