If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is perfect for a summer get together. The strawberry glaze is sweet, but still healthy - made from only natural, grain-free, dairy-free ingredients. —Meghan Little
For the Crust
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 8 Mejol Dates
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Food-process the crust ingredients. If you don’t have a food processor, then crush the nuts, mince the dates, and combine all with the remaining crust ingredients.
- Press the crust mixture into a greased (with coconut oil) 8” or 9” springform pan, or 3 individual 3” pie pans. We like to use a springform pan, because it makes removing the pie easier, but it isn’t imperative. Poke the crust with a fork several times and bake, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes. Watch it at the end, so it doesn’t burn. Remove the crust from the heat, and once cool enough to touch, gently press down on the bottom part of the crust, so it really sticks together nicely as it cools.
For the Filling
- 3 cups Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- While the crust is baking and cooling, chop the strawberries, removing the stems and hulls. Toss 2 cups of the fruit with the arrowroot until coated, then add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and maple syrup in a saucepan.
- Heat the strawberry mixture over medium-low heat (~4), watching and stirring frequently. The arrowroot will eventually thicken up to the point where it looks like glaze or a thin jam. Once you reach this consistency, take the strawberries off the heat.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the pie pan (or pans) and top the pie with the remaining diced strawberries. Refrigerate and serve.
Booze Cruise at Home
No boats, passports, or crowds—only cocktails
Booze cruise at home.
A genius zucchini dish.
It's time to travel.
Is your cilantro contaminated?