If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Featuring South American aji amarillo chiles, freshly grated ginger, and lime, this ceviche is an ambassador to the exotic flavors of Peru. - Mary Sue Milliken + Susan Feniger
- 1 pound skinless, boneless sustainable fish, cut into a 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1 aji amarillo chile (jarred), stem and seeds removed, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aji amarillo paste
- 1/2-inch pieces ginger, peeled and minced or grated
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pickled red onions (recipe below)
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine fish and enough lime juice to cover. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Drain fish, reserving 1/4 cup of lime juice. Combine fish with remaining ingredients and reserved lime juice to taste and stir gently to combine. Chill thoroughly.
- Serve in a chilled martini glass, garnished with plantain chips or tortilla chips, Pickled Red Onions, and slices of avocado.
Pickled red onions
- 1 pound red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 beet, trimmed, peeled, and cut into 8 wedges
- Place the onions in a medium saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Strain and set the onions aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in the saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes. Add the blanched onions and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a container, cover, and refrigerate at least a day before serving. Pickled onions will keep in the refrigerator up to a month.
11 Ways to Become a Little More French
Live la vie en rose.
Live la vie en rose.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A feast for the ears.
Take these foods to go.