If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Given my handle, when I saw a recipe online for something called Eeyore's Requiem, I had to mix it up right away. It wasn't bad but I thought I could improve it. It was heavy on Campari and I wanted to use more Cynar. After some experimentation, The Pessimist's Requiem was born. It balances the bitterness of amaro with the fruit of lime and orange, without tilting over into sweetness. - ProfPessimist
Makes 1 drink
- 1.5 ounces Cynar liqueur
- 1 ounce Gin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- .5 ounces simple syrup
- dash orange bitters (Fee Brother's preferred)
- 1 thick orange peel
- Fill a cocktail shaker or mixing glass with ice.
- Add all the ingredients, except the orange peel, to the ice. Shake or stir gently for at least ten seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the orange peel. Take a sip and hopefully you'll hear the music!
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
Home & design links we love.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.