If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious bite-sized cheese and pesto swirls are a taste sensation and are perfect for gatherings and events. —CLIP Creative and PR
Serves 4 people
- 1.5 cups Puff Pastry
- 0.7 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Pesto
- Plain Flour For Dusting
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Salt and Pepper For Taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Grease an oven proof baking tray.
- On a clean surface scatter some plain flour and roll out the puff pastry until it is an inch thick, about an 16x10 inch rectangle.
- Spread the pesto thinly on to the pastry making sure you leave a 1 inch margin all the way around.
- Then sprinkle the cheddar, dried basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Starting with one of the long sides of the rectangle roll the puff pastry like a Swiss roll making sure you paste the last inch with the egg wash, to seal it.
- Once rolled refrigerate the pastry for at least 20- 30 minutes.
- Once you have removed the pastry roll from the fridge use a sharp knife and cut in to ½ inch slices and place the slices on to the baking tray.
- Then use a pastry brush and paste the slices with egg wash.
- Cook the slices in the oven for abut 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Transfer them to wire rack until completely cooled.
- Recipe by CLIP Creative and PR