Author Notes: This salad makes the best of summer ingredients - new potatoes and peas. Any baby potatoes would be good outside the new potato season. The combination of ingredients is a bit different, it took a tag team approach, combining a lot of ingredients which work well together in a new way. It's inspired by Greek, French and Scandinavian influences. A truly pan-European dish. - Canalcook
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1/2 pound peas
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for approximately 20-25 minutes until soft.
- If they are big, or of lots of different sizes, cut them into roughly even pieces to ensure they cook at the same time, but watch them carefully as this raises the chances of them being overcooked and mushy.
- Remove them from the water when cooked and drain.
- Add the peas to the water if using frozen ones and cook as per package instructions (usually 1-2 minutes)
- Mix the creme fraiche, mustard and honey together to make a dressing.
- Toss with the dressing and add the remaining ingredients.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over, check seasoning and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes