If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 6 cups homemade lobster stock
- 2 pounds lobster meat, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz can san marzano tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- 6 slices crusty italian peasant bread
- In a large pot, heat 4 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Sweat celery, onion and garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and dry basil. Season the tomatoes with salt and cook for another minute. Add wine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lobster stock and continue to simmer for 30 minutes, and then lower the heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add the flour and cook for a minute, stiring. Gradually whisk in the milk, continuously stirring. Once the mixture begins to thicken, add it to the soup.
- Add raw lobster meat to the soup and let cook just through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender. Blend until smooth and return to the soup pot. Check for seasoning.
- Grill slices of bread and place one slice at the bottom of each individual bowl. Pour soup into the bowls, garnish with a sprinkling of red pepper flakes, torn basil and chopped chives. Add a drizzle of your best quality extra-virgin olive oil, and serve.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.