Author Notes: This is my burger mix. I bump up the umami just for good measure. It pays handsomely in the end. Make a build your own burger platter with lots of fresh stuff. I like Bibb lettuce, fresh cucumbers, pickles, fat slices of homegrown tomatoes, grilled red onion, cheeses of all kinds, and of course condiments like ketchup and whatnot. On a serious note, butter and grill those buns! It is the touch that makes all the difference. - thirschfeld
- 1 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Buttered buns and assorted toppings, for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using your clean hands, mix the ground beef until it is very well combined and all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Form four 6-ounce patties. I season them with a little more salt and black pepper a few minutes before I put them on the grill -- your call.
- Set up your grill. Light it and grill the burgers over medium-high heat. Once they are cooked to the temperature to which you feel comfortable and they are caramelized nicely on both sides, serve them hot.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!