Author Notes: This relatively new cocktail family was codified by NYC bartender Sam Ross and is essentially your choice of spirit with lime, mint, and cucumber shaken and strained into a rocks glass full of ice. Variations include the Kentucky Maid (bourbon), the Polish Maid (vodka), the Mexican Maid (tequila) and the Old Maid (gin). - Erik Lombardo
- 2 ounces spirit of your choice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounces simple syrup (1:1 sugar:water by volume)
- 3 cucumber wheels
- 4-6 Mint Leaves
- Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a double old-fashioned glass with a large chunk of ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber wheel speared with a mint sprig.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!