If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sangria is very much a not-recipe kind of drink -- throw things together, let them mingle, drink -- but if you need a bit more of a guide, here it is! You're free to use whatever fruit your heart desires. —Kenzi Wilbur
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bottle of mid-range red wine
- 1/2 cup liquor (I like a mix of brandy and orange liqueur, like Triple sec -- and you're welcome to use a bit more than 1/2 cup)
- 2 peaches, sliced (or swap for something seasonal)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced (or swap for something seasonal)
- 1 lemon, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste (optional)
- Sparkling water
- Mix the wine with the liquor, add fruit and lemon slices, and add sugar to taste. (Or leave it out entirely.) Put in the fridge for up to a day and at least a few hours.
- Fill glasses with ice, add sangria (making sure to get a piece or two of fruit in each glass), and top off with sparkling water.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.