If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These vegan enchiladas are so flavorful, healthy, and satisfying - you won't miss the meat or cheese! It is loosely adapted from this recipe: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/04/black-bean-avocado-enchiladas/. Note: Taste the sauce for spiciness before adding the red pepper flakes. Some chili powders are spicier than others, and this will greatly influence the heat of the dish. - Becca LB
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used oat flour, but others would work)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-7 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or put through a press
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- (Preheat the oven to 350F.) In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the flour, oil, and chili powder. Whisk together and let it bubble for a minute or 2.
- Whisk in the water, and add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Let the mixture come to a gentle simmer (it will thicken at this point) and then turn off the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients (except the tortillas) and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with filling, fold the tortilla, and place it seam side down in a greased casserole dish. Once all the filling has been used up, pour the sauce over the enchiladas.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and browned around the edges, around 30 minutes. Top with any toppings you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
Recipe of the Day
Garden Mule Cocktail
Garden Mule Cocktail
Fresh beer, anywhere.
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!